Friday, February 20, 2004

Satyam to expand in Chennai, hire 3,000 - The Economic Times
I have started noticing such headlines much more I guess.india Shining or whatever , I guess whatever they write say & tell makes much sense to you when it touches your life. Placemnets are over and i am back to blogging.Needless to say they were awesome. Days lots of hard work and now the party mood all around after that.We have had two wet nights (booze & dance parties) in three days after that.

But coming back to the real issue, I see the point how all those numbers:the sensex, the GDP, The Forex Reserves, The FDI etc etc make a direct impact on my life and also that of others around me. The exapnsion mode has ensured that 'The Firms' are investing into producing more, in turn needing more people and leading to the bonanza that we & other B-Schools are having.

Not that I didn't know all that but just that with Placements this year I am directly seeing macroecominics in practice so close to me.
Anyways these news items also set the trend for next year (or so quite a few of us hope :) things are going to be better.

With seniors moving out , infact quite a few of them have already left, the moody is slightly senti too. There are congratulations and you did it for us messages floating around. I am amazed at the effort put into the thing by people of by batch, the Logs, Controls, Services and Stucos & Cocos. I guess its just comes naturally to you here.The reverse dunking and getting even, the informal committee handovers and thank you treats, my discovery of XL continues.

No comments: